Today’s objective: set up a platform for students to use in reporting out their analysis of a character in The Crucible.
I decided to use ShowMe, so I created accounts for each of my students. I received email notification of each account, including username and passwords. They are long, so tomorrow when students log in I’ll have them change, using their school log-in info. Next I created my own ShowMe, explaining the assignment and modeling it. My audio/video didn’t turn out terribly polished but I have to admit was fun to create. Students will view this tomorrow prior to beginning work on their own. Here is my ShowMe.
Next I set up a new gmail account for myself so that students can send the finished ShowMe projects to me. I also created a Portfolio folder and within that, separate folders for each student. I hope to be able to collect digital artifacts for each student. This could lead to a valuable end-of-year reflection project for them.