Still waiting for iPads.
I’m realizing that I have to scale down the seeking of ideas and instead hone in on a few tools.
1. Learning blogs through which students can dialogue with me and each other and show their skills. Not sure what that will look like yet.
2. Use of graphic organizers
3. Subtext for close reading
4. Some multimedia project
5. Self paced modules for comma instruction using ShowMe, practice quizzes, summative assessments.
Biology support idea
1. Provide students with a biology assignment and observe their reading.
2. Give them a written assessment to determine what strategies they’re able to identify for engaging with the text.
3. Evaluate results.